The Corley/Lewis optimized grade recovery system is ideal for the mid-sized sawmill that requires intensive grade recovery but also wants the advantages of an edger optimizer.
Our unique combination of optimization software and easy-to-operate edger controls allows the mill to take full advantage of the optimization of each flitch and at the same time”High Grade” and edge around non-scanable defects such as knots, stain, and rot. Production rates of up to 15 pieces per minute are possible with this machine.
Available in 3, 4, and 5 saw arrangements, this mill-proven edger will help you achieve maximum results from your edger.
- Feed rates of up to 700 feet per minute
- 3/4″ to 4″ material thickness
- Variable frequency drives and Lewis Controls exclusive positioning software results in precise flitch positioning
- Advanced Grade Recovery Software allows the operator to quickly and easily use additional saws for grade recovery while maintaining he optimized wane allowances
- Modem access troubleshooting for both the optimizer and Allen Bradley PLC controls
Lewis Controls optimization and controls are available on all Corley edgers.